Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend away and fuck off pokerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

After a few rough days at the office myself and the lads decided to take a little holiday. We headed to the nearest city, Fortaleza for the weekend. James (captain organiser) booked us a nice 4 star hotel on the beach front.

Friday night and we headed out for a night on the lash. Well, it was a night like no other I tells ya. We ended up in this mad area with about 5-6 bars with more hookers than iv ever seen in my life. For example, one of the bars, Cafe Del Mar, had perhaps 300 odd hookers, and some of them were the most amazing looking women/girls I had ever seen. Not many guys about either (few fat and bald scando's, but we were defo the youngest). We had a few drinks in a few of these bars, but that was all we did, paying for sex wasn't, or never will be on my agenda. It was a sureal place its gotta be said.


We then headed off to a nightclub, qued for 20 mins only to be told we couldnt wear flip-flops, fml. Back to the hotel for a quick footwear change and we were in business. It was a really cool club with so many different areas. We had a few drinks in the courtyard area and then met a couple of Brazilains girls (one of whom spoke english) and hit the dance part of the club for some leg shaking (dancing you mugs). Music was pretty cool, mix of trance and electro. Pity the girls Craig and I were dancing with couldnt speak English........severaly hinders ones pulling power. Still all in all good clean fun. Headed back to the hotel about 6am and decided it was time for a dip in the sea. The sun had just come up and it was awesome. Swam/chilled on the beach for a while (pretty ballbagged it must be said) and then hit hotel breakfast at 7am. I have no doubt we made a scene at breakfast, im pretty sure I overused the word 'Fuck' for what should have been family breakfast time, ah well, they prob didnt speak English:)




We chilled out the night after as we were all in bits (but mainly Craig because he cant hack the pace). A 30 min taxi ride home , which included bribing the police as we had no passports on us, this country is so corrupt its sick. I can only imgaine what would happen if I tried to bribe the police at home. lol. Anyway, we got home about 2.30pm on a sunday and I had big hopes for pokers, mainly the FTOPS main event.





I pretty much airballed everything. I started the day off by playing well, in the Warm up and the first of the FTOPS, got it in with KK vs AA in the wamup, flop 455, turn K (weeeeeeeee) river A(fml). Obv never folding only had like 18bbs, would have been nice to double in that spot though. Onto the FTOPS $120 K.O. Built my stack up nicely from 5k to about 22k within the first 3 1/2 hours. With about 1900 left from 9000 I got into a stickyish spot. I opened at 250/500 50ante, to 1250 from the cut-off with A10s. I had been super aggro but hadnt shown down any bad hands. The sb, who had 3-bet me previouly and I folded 77 decided to 3-bet me again, to 3850. He was a competent player and obv realised I was opening light, so he would defo be 3-betting light. I mulled things over and decided it was a pretty good spot to 4-bet (committing myself). I made it 13,800 with the intention of not folding. He used all his timebank and eventually moved in for 19k total (ugh).......I ofc called and he flipped AQo and I bricked, gg sir. Reviewing the hand, I don't think I would play it differently, I cant let myself be run over (as he had 3 bet me before) and I thought given the action he would need a pretty big hand to call. His call versus my range here isn't fantastic, I had no intention of gettin 40bbs in pre with A10, ha, but I did.



Next was my first spin at the laddies 150k 60r. I played well for the first two hours and managed to get my stack to about 9k. RedShark (very good, but insanely aggro scando) Opended from mid position at 150/300 to 750. I saw 88 on the button and elected to just call , I mean perhaps I should 3 bet here, but I felt with 30bbs I didnt need to be getting it in with just two 8s. Moving to the flop and it came a nice 8JQ. He bet out for 1200. I raised to 3400, he sets me in and I call, he shows JJ, gg. Not alot I can do there imo.



The Ipoker 250k. Meh played this very badly. Made a bad/stooopid bluff early on and my stack went from 5k to 3200 when my bustout hand came. 75/150, dude opens utg+1 to 450(no reads), Tomgus456 (very good player)with 6k, flats in mp1. Im on the button with JJ and elect to shove. I have Tomgus range crushed here, and there is alot of $ in the pot. Anyway the opener had AA, so gg me. I dunno, I dont think I can fold JJ here with my stack size and I am not deep enough to flat as my hand will not play to well 3-ways. But tbh, I was a little annoyed at myself about this, as the dude who raised from utg+1 had been tight and was always gonna have a tight range from that position this early. Still unsure as to what I should have done as I hate being results orientated.


Sunday Millionnnnnnnnnn. Again managed to build a nice stack in this. 13,000 runers ha. Cant remember the exact details but, I think there was about 3000 ppl left, i had 35k i believe and raised from mid-pos with 33. The sb flats and we saw a 732 flop, he check called my flop bet, turn J, he check raised all in, I cant call fast enough and he has 77, coolered or what? gg



Ftops main event. Was sooo tilted from the other mtts by the time I got to this. Don't think I won a pot, blinded away until i squeezzed wtih 88 or some crap and lost a race to AQ. Rounded out a pretty awful Sunday, as even all the smaller mtts I played went awful.



Since Sunday I have played for the last two days and man its gone awful. Im not gonna bore you or myself with the bad beat stories, but seriously, I cant run worse. And im defo playing well as I have critiqued many of my hands with good players (as when things dont go well for me I feel the need to do this as I 2nd guess myself). I dunno what to do tbh, it is really tilting me as I as soooo competitive and hate to lose. It really affects me in life also. It gets me down bigtime. And people will wonder how I can feel down when im in Brazil living the life people dream about? I dunno, not winning at poker is alien to me. I'v have downswings and bad runs, of course I have, but never when I am playing as well as I am now. I guess il take a few days off, hit the beach and chill out, might even not play till Sunday, who knows.


Run better
Nick

No comments: