Monday, March 2, 2009

Weeeeeeeeeeeee......I win monies



Well finally managed to ship a tounry this Sunday. It wasn't quite the sunday million but it will do! Manged to win the stars 20k 20r for $5k and change. Man it feels good to win again.


I started the final table as chip leader with about 480k. The average was about 250k. The start of the final table went awful, no one got knocked out and I continued to double up the shorter stacks. I lost 77 to AQ, AK to 66 and then finally 99 to 88(the guy spiking and 8 on the river, arghhhhhh). I dipped as low as 200k after this series of unfortunate flipaments, but although I felt hard done by I battled on and picked good spots to raise and 3 bet. Then players started to drop, me knocking one out with AJ to his A9 aipf. And before I knew it we were 3 handed. I was without a doubt the most aggressive player left as we got 3 handed and felt it was mine to lose. I got it in blind vs blind with 44 vs A7 and managed to hold and got HU with a slight chip deficit. I quickly turned it around with some aggression and a nice rush or cards. The money finally went in pre flop with me holding A10o and him K9. I made the flush and shipped the win. It is probably the win I am most proud of tbh. I am proud of the fact that after some really rough days I kept at it and remained confident. Sure the $5k is nice but its not the $ that I concerns me to much, its winning and playing to the best of my ability, and I feel like I did this here.


As for the other sunday mtts. I managed a cash for about $400 in the Warmup, I busted check raising all in with air on a dry board and our friend just had a set. gg. Played the Ipoker 250k also and im still unsure about the bustout hand. We were about 2 1/2 hours in, blinds at 150/300 and a 25 ante and this dude shoves for 3300 utg +1 (important note : he had been shoving close to every hand as he had lost a big stack and showed down 93o one of these hands) then Pokergirl1 in the hikack shoves for 8k, i peek down at 1010 and think things through (my stack is 9k btw). Pokergirl is a highstakes cash game player and is very competent. He knows out pal from utg+1 is shoving wide, therefore he must re shove wide. I eventually decided to call but managed to run into Pokergirls AA. Ah well, I knew it was close. Utg+1 had 78o btw! And finally I played the Micro 150k and didn't make it out of the rebuy period because our internet was fucking up. I played a reduced Sunday schedule because of this.


In other news, we moved into our new house in Brazil and its class. Big pool, BBQ outside, maid, chef (who makes me scrambled eggs on toast for brekky), massive tv so I can own the other mugs here at PES. In general its just a pretty sweet cribnest.


Plans for the next week or so? Mmmmmm, will probably play some online, which will include trying to sat into some of stars SCOOP tounrneys, some of them look so ill. Be nice to run good one time in one of these babys. www.pokerstars.com/scoop


Apart from that not much goin on here, missing alot of my friends and family at home. But when you have your own chef and the sun shines everyday its hard to think about going back to Ireland


Later

Nick

No comments: