Thursday, December 11, 2008

Losing Live winning Onlizzle


Been a while since my last post. Mainly because I played a few live tounries, they went muck and I couldn't be shizzzed to talk about them.

Anways, I played the 1k event int Fitzwillam and was out by level 3. It had a great structure and I really don't think you will find a softer 1k event anywhere in the world. Honestly it was mad, like 7 people to every flop, people limping and then calling re raises, it was gas. I had to fold KK on 8 9 6 2 board when i guy shoved on me, wasn't the ideal board, but my plan was to bet/fold the turn given its drawy nature, oh well! I ended up busting flopping top two blind v blind, he bet i the flop i raised, he called, the turn completed a gutter and he led (made no sense) so I jammed trying to get value from worse two pairs ect, he obv turned the nuts with 64 o. GG. Was very annoyed to bust so early as the field was so weak.

Onto Cavan............Drove up friday night and met up with Snow-Men and Ballybaykid. Had some dinner and a pint and it was time to play. I played like a monkey for the first few levels, basically spewing chips left right and centre, again the standard was horrif! Tbh I found it hard to adapt to playing live from playing online so often. Its something I need to work on because my patience was no where to be seen. Ended up busting in level 8 I think, limped pot I had QJs in the sb, flop 7 9 10. I check shoved on the button who bet like 3k I had like 14k. He made a great hero call with 78o and even after turning a flush draw I couldnt get there, sigh! Live poker can blow my nuggets. Was fun to hang out with Snow-Men and Ballybay even if they are mugs!

As for online, it had been going very well.

2nd in the 15k on ipoker for $2.5k
3rd in the 4k on laddies for $900
4th in the Ipoker 25k for $2k
3rd in the laddies 15k $1.8k

So been a pretty decent 10 days......really haven't put in much volume but when I have played I have been winning. Little dissapointed I didn't win any of the above tounries, but in all honesty it just came down to not running well enough shorthanded!

In other news.........been goin out on the sauce alot:) My mates and I are such pissheads , lol! But na, really been enjoying myself! Also been managing to go the gym every 2nd day which is good for a fatboy like me! And finally booked a ski holiday for new year, so am really excited for that.

Over and out

Nick

No comments: