Tuesday, November 11, 2008

11th June 08

Been a while since last blog and alot has happend.My long term girlfriend and I broke up on Friday, it was a mutual decision but it still hurts. We had a great year and a halftogether and im hoping we can still be friends. And maybe in the future we will get together again, who knows? Right now it wasthe right decision.

Poker wise, hmmmmm. Let me think, final tabled the 10k 20 rebuy on ladbrokes the other night, ended up finishing 3rd for $1245,which was dissapointing to be honest, i felt i was better than the players, i got coolered two hands in a row to go from chipleader to bustooooooo. Firstly I raise a10s BVB, he shoves for like 17bbs, easy call he has aj, oh well, very next hand vs the same guy i have aj with 13bbs = the nuts 3 handed with the stacks, and I run it into his aq, what can you do? NADA!Then on Sunday I played quite a few things in the afternoon but I dont think i should have as i was not with it emotionally,I blew a huge stack in the ladbrokes $250, just playing badly due to the above. And also busted the 12k 20 rebuy on masnionwith a big stack, not alot can be done. Ah well no worries.

Then Sunday night I started play again at around 12pm, there was a 6 max 20 rebuy on tilt so i jumped in that and the 75 on laddies.I busted the 75 early getting it in on a as qs 9d board with my 10s8s vs a10o. I missed!:( As for the 20 rebuy i found it very easy to build a stack, the players were not great. 214 runners meant 24 paid. I had 51k at 500/1k when this hand happend. I raise q9o from the button to 2750, the passive bb with a huge stack flats. we see a flopn of ac qc 9d and he donk pot bets it. Now do i really think he is goin to donk two pair here when he knows I will c-bet? I dont think so, i perceived this bet to be either 1) A weak ace 2) a flush draw (and maybe a pair?) 3) j10 or 4) qj q10 kq. So when he donks 6k into 6k making it 12k,i have 4x the pot pretty much so i thought about it and thought shoving was correct, given how drawy the board was and it lookedlike i could be repping a draw, so he snapped (lol) with ajo , and this was HUUUUGGGEEE pot at the time. Anyway the river was the jack of spades. no worries:)

Monday night I was playing in my familys home in sutton as I wanted to watch EURO 2008. So i was too lazy to play on my laptop iplayed on my dad's old one, what a piece of crap, anyway, i played the 100 rebuy and the 20 rebuy as 2 tables was all that would fit. I cashed in both but missed the FT. 12th in the 100 rebuy and 14th in the 20 rebuy. Guess i played well and ran well in both but didnt pick up near enough hands late on to buildd a stack for the final table. Not a bother really because i feel i am playinggreat. Today is wed and i have played alot of golf the last few days, been fun, really taking my mind off things being out there.
Beers time, heading into town as a single man, weird. :) will prob play online tommmorrow night unless something better comesalong

NICK/AKOLAS/SALAMANDER_IT

No comments: