Tuesday, November 11, 2008

$$$$ 3rd June 2008

So the downswing is finally over and it feels great. Didnt have a huge score but I managed to win the $50 rebuy on friday nighton ladbrokes for just over $6k. I felt I played very well particularly at the final table (which was a very tough one, TVHDK, neil003, h12rty) beacuse I didnt pick up many hands but managed to hang about. We got three handed and suddenly there was alot of play, i thrived on this and had good reads on bothopponents, a built my stack up to near 275k, at 4k/8k, the button H12RTY had become shortish and shoved for 90kish from the buttoni found 99 in the bb and snapped, he had 10h8h and the flop came 10 high, sigh, i was down to 160ksish. I managed to double when h12 shoved by bb, i found 66 and called, he had a8o and i won the race. H12 then busteed TVHDK and we were HU. He had 480k tomy 300k. We played an insanlely long HU which i felt i played very well. The final hand i shvoed ad4d on the button he made the call with as2d for like 10bbs and we saw a ks 4s 8s flop, turn brought 4c and the river bricked to give me the win. I definatlyplayed well but bar the 99 hand all my big hands held up.

Didnt play much the rest of the wknd, went out to a bbq on sat night and then to a club with some of the guys, was a fun night and I was glad to be in bed before 3am for the first time in a while. Monday (bank holiday) was a fun day, Chris, Steve G , SteveL, Geoff Curran and I went out on the ribb, i waterskiid for the first time in a long time and really enjoyed it. We then hada housegame in our appartment , I cant say I can get motivated to play for 20 euro, i know it sounds dumb but it just doesnt interest me, would have prefered to play online as there was a few things i wanted to play in but my roomate really wanted a game.

Then played two online mtt's last night, neither of which went great, the first was the $109 crapshoot, I managed to get it in with my kk vs ajo in a 13k pot with 19 players left only to hit the rail (no worries it happends), the i jumped into the $82.50freezeout and didnt pick up much in the first hout had 2100 at 50/100 when I busted, weak player limps utg im in the mid pos and imake it 400 with ahqh, the button (with a huge stack) flats, as does utg (pot = 1350), the flop come qc 8c 3c, utg checks to me and I shove for 1700 into 1350, the button stalls and the calls with acqs and he gets there. Im not sure how my shove on the flopis here but i think it is ok. Still feel like im playing well and have a new found confidence after the win:)

Next few days will probably play a bit online and hand out with Ais. Will prob play the Daddy on laddies tonight, AKOLAS IS THE DADDY?

No comments: